Choosing the Best speedball gun is not so easy because of too many high prices on many markers and also there might be some issues in the quality of some products.
Problems like battery lagging, low shooting range, low shooting accuracy, recoil, size, comfortable grip, and assembly and disassembly issues found in any Paintball gun for speedball.
There might be more issues with no availability of damaged parts, air leakage of the gun during the game, too much noise during the game, and too many sensitive parts to take care of them.
An ideal speedball paintball gun should be lightweight precise, easy to handle, and also allows you to repair it quickly and easily without exposing yourself to other players.
After research of many days and by the suggestions of some expert players, our team has collected some data on Best Paintball Guns for Speedball that includes 8 Top-rated markers.
Our buying guide contains guns that are positively reviewed by most of the players as well as intermediate players.
How To Choose The Best Speedball Gun – Buying Guide
There are many factors to account for before choosing the best speedball gun because speedball is a fast-paced game type with little to no think for strategizing during the play. A perfect marker with little to no issues is ideal for speedball. Consider following things before making a purchasing decision.
- Type of paintball gun
- Air and battery efficiency
- Firing speed
Types of paintball guns:
There are three main types of paintball guns, pump, mechanical, and electronic. Let’s see which one is best for speedball
Pump: Players need to pump can cock the gun and the chamber just like a shotgun. This one is the oldest and most basic type. I don’t recommend pump paintball gun speedball because you need to constantly pull the chamber for each shot.
These types don’t offer rapid-firing speeds. Maybe for the practice, but not for the actual game.
Mechanical: These markers are mechanically activated with the help of valves, spring, and air. These are cheaper than electronic markers are usually used in woodsball.
Most players do use mechanical markers in speedball including me. I wouldn’t recommend a mechanical marker for a tournament though. These are not that fast compared to electronics.
Electronic: electronic markers are powered using batteries, wires, and sensors. These are highly recommended for speedball due to rapid firing, different firing modes, and soft triggers. All the pros use electronic markers in tournaments.
The most important factor for the best speedball gun is accuracy. Players would be facing each other head-on in a small area. You must be accurate enough to paint your opponent before paints you. Markers like DYE M3+, CZR, Mini GS, and SYX are super accurate and recommended for speedball.
Air and battery efficiency:
All the markers on our list air efficient and battery efficient (if electronic). We want maximum shots out of a tank during speedball. Time is of the essence, we want to be as efficient as possible because speedball is a relatively short format.
Always look for a paintball gun whose weight is under 2 pounds. A light marker doesn’t put extra pressure on the shoulders and arms. I would recommend a light paintball gun for speedball.
Firing Speed – BPS:
The second most important factor for the best speedball gun is the balls per second firing speed. 18+ balls per second should be standard for a speedball match because others would be firing at a similar speed.
Things move so fast in a speedball match, most of the time players just go mad and shoot like crazy. A decent firing speed is more than necessary for this format.
You can check out the standard firing FPS here
Let’s check some products and their reviews to get some ideas about products:
Dye M3+ Paintball Marker
- Soft Trigger
Empire Paintball Mini GS
- Sleek design.
- Air and battery efficient
- Supper Accurate.
Dye Rize CZR
- Multiple Fring Modes.
- 4th Gen Eye Pipe
List of Top 7 Best Speedball Paintball Markers of 2022
|Tippmann Cronus Tactical||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Planet Eclipse M170R||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Dye Rize CZR Electronic Paintball Marker||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Dye M3+ Paintball Marker||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Empire Mini GS Paintball Gun||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Dye DSR Paintball Marker||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Spyder Victor Paintball Marker||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1. Tippmann Cronus Tactical Gun
The Tippmann Cronus Tactical is a high-quality and top-accuracy paintball gun for beginner-intermediate level players with a very reasonable price range as compared to other guns.
It’s a 0.68 caliber and a very lightweight paintball gun. It is extremely easy to maintain as well. Cronus has an adjustable stock by that any player can fix it according to his needs.
The gun comes with a carrying handle by using that some attachments like flashlights and red lights are super easy to fix at its reeling and makes it easier to use in low light areas.
Why Choose Tippmann Cronus Tactical?
- Highly recommended paintball gun for beginners because it is easy to use, cleaning is also easy by disassembling it part by part even if you are not an expert.
- There are multiple rails on the body that can be used by attachment of laser lights and flashlights.
- It has a rubber grip for a comfortable hold on the gun and due to its rubber grip, it does not slip from your hand.
- There is another vertical grip at its front that can be fixed at any point just by losing two adjustable screws.
- It has a barrel shroud (suppressor) that can easily be fixed or removed by just turning it and has A5 Barrel which is commonly used in Paintball guns.
One of its major features is its carrying handle offering multiple attachments to be fixed on it.
There is a hole in the center of the handle that is used to mount a rail. You can mount laser light, flashlights, or scopes on it very easily.
It can also be used to carry a gun on the ground by holding it from its carrying handle because of its space between the gun and the upper end of the carrying handle.
It is very important to have an adjustable stock at any gun for the accuracy of its fires or shooting. After the recoil of the gun, it doesn’t disturb your aim and you can fire continuously.
Tippmann Cronus Tactical is one the best Paintball gun for speedball for its simple design, and high accuracy than other products available in the market.
It is a very light weighted and beginner-friendly gun to use and can also be disassembled easily without any expert.
It’s a highly recommended gun from expert players with more than 96% of positive feedback from the experts and other players who used that.
2. Planet Eclipse M170R Mechanical Paintball Marker
Planet Eclipse GTEK M170R is an upgraded version of 160R. M170R is a very lightweight, efficient, and reliable paintball gun that comes with a new feature of the Gamma Core Drivetrain.
The previous version 160R was not easy to handle because of its air transfer system. M170R, SL6 inline regulator is installed that goes right up through the grip and into the gun.
The main focus of planet eclipse was achieving a hose-less version of GTEK and is now very easy to assemble and reliable to use.
All of the critical components of the gun are housed in its frame simplifying its design and making maintenance and break-down easier and quicker.
Why choose the GTEK M170R paintball gun for speedball?
- Like all other advanced guns, its regulator is also fixed in the bottom of the grip frame
- It comes with the POPS ASA assembly which makes it easy to clean and service the regulators and saves time also.
- Rubber is wrapped around the grips of the gun for better hold and to prevent slippage.
- External velocity adjustment options are also available in GTEK M170R.
- GTEK M170R is using a low-rise feed neck that can be tightened up by a thumbwheel.
- A 9-Volt battery is fixed in the foregrip of M170R. By removing that battery there is a lot of free space in the foregrip in the rear frame.
Hoseless Air Transfer System:
There are no pipes or any wires outside the body of the gun to take care of them or to maintain them.
All of its mechanisms and critical parts are assembled inside the body of the gun, that’s why it is much better and easy to use a gun than the previous version of Planet Eclipse.
In my opinion and observation, Planet Eclipse M170R is one of the best mid-range paintball Guns for speedball.
It competes with many of high–end paintball guns because of its multiple features and upgrades, sustainability, and its comfort as compared to its previous version.
These changes make it a more efficient gun than its previous version. I highly recommend this gun for Speedballs.
3. Dye Rize CZR Paintball Gun – Best Speedball Gun for Beginners
Dye CZR is the upgraded version of Rize series and it the best speedball gun for the budget. It has a lever locking clamping feed neck instead of a threaded one. The Gun comes with color-coded O-Rings that make it super easy to correct the replacement of parts during the maintenance of the gun.
The gun is designed to be small, smooth, and light as possible. The Ultralight airport system includes a cam lever with an easy on/off toggle. You can set its knob at ON position for comfortable air delivery.
Why choose Dye RIZE CZR?
- Self-aligning 2 pieces 14” barrel which is compatible with all dye barrels.
- Dye RIZE CZR comes with a hyper 3 regulator that provides high output pressure.
- Lever lock adjustable clamping feeding neck.
- Anti-chop break eye system
- 4th generation eye pipe system for self-cleaning.
- Color-coded O-Rings that make maintenance easy when required.
- Blade Ultralite aluminum trigger.
- Have a lot of space between both grips to hold the gun easily during shooting and that makes it very comfortable and efficient.
- In Rize CZR, the Fuse Bolt system produces improved air efficiency, better accuracy, and minimum recoil.
4th Gen Eye Pipe Breech System:
Eye pipe lies under the breach and the front of the gun. If a paintball is broken, it will not make your break-beam eye dirty because of a plastic eye cover around it that can be cleaned very easily and you can also pull the cover out with your finger to clean it.
Ultralite ON/OFF Airport:
Its function is basically to maintain air pressure and by using a knob you can turn on and off the air pressure very easily.
When you adjust the knob at the ON position the pressure passes through the linear front port and you can also turn it OFF through the knob when needed.
In my list of best paintball guns for speedball, it’s one of the highly recommended guns because it is different from all of its previous versions. It is a light-weighted, efficient, and most accurate gun of Rize series.
I like its design especially the space between both grips that makes it super easy to hold the gun. I highly recommend this marker.
4. Dye M3+ Paintball Gun Review – Best Speedball Gun
New Dye M3+ is the best speedball gun available currently. Each and every part used in M3+ is redesigned and fully upgraded.
The gun is very light-weighted, ultra-comfortable, and also provides wireless charging options.
The look and feel of the gun are just amazing. Clamping locking feed neck with a redesigned thumbwheel makes it super easier to fit any kind of hopper.
Why Choose Dye M3+ Paintball Gun?
- F-21 Bolt system delivers the best air efficiency and provides smooth shots. It operates between pressures of 115-125 PSI.
- Eye pipe system allows a wide range of paint sizes even extremely small paints.
- Dye M3+ has a long-lasting rechargeable battery with wireless charging options and also can be charged by using usb cable.
- Dual-density sticky grips provide extra comfort and control.
- UL-Frame is designed with aluminum that is superfine and corrosion-free.
- SLAP ASA for pressure control without and lever or button.
- The New 4th generation eye pipe system, quick release bolt mechanism, and wire connectors make it easy to clean and maintain the gun.
Dye m3+ has the softest shot after vanquish. I couldn’t believe how soft it shoots with minimum kickback. The overall ergonomics and handling of the marker are elite in every aspect.
On the field, it shot like a beast, it was air efficient, I don’t have to worry about the batteries, and most importantly, it was shooting with more than 95% accuracy.
CS2 PRO is its direct competitor and honestly, I am levitating towards M3+. All the modern features are expected because it is super expensive, but the feel of the shots is on another level.
I highly recommend a CS2 pro user getting one of these. I don’t necessarily encourage newbies to purchase DYE M3+. It is a completely pro-level marker. Play with other budget markers are DYE CZR for a couple of months, then you can try a second-hand M3+, no need to purchase brand new at this stage.
In my list of Best Paintball Guns for Speedball, the M3+ is the top marker without any doubt because of its outstanding performance and multiple upgrades.
The gun can be used by beginners-expert level players but it was designed for pros. 9.5/10 from me.
5. Empire Mini GS Paintball Gun Review
Empire Mini GS Paintball Gun is the upgraded version of a previous mini that had many flaws in its design.
The empire mini has some features same as its previous versions such as the same firing modes, semi-auto, and PPL, dual-density rubber grips that provide a secure grip for the gun.
ASA ON/OFF Lever is also included at the end of the first grip that controls the air pressure of the gun, a pressure gauge is also attached near the lever to check the pressure, try to play at the safe pressure that is <200.
Why choose Empire Mini GS Paintball Gun?
- This model has rubber grips which are very necessary for a better hold on the gun.
- The Gun comes with an ON/OFF ASA lever to control the air pressure by that it is easy to replace or remove the tank.
- 0-300 PSI Gauge is also included and is located on the side of the ASA lever.
- The battery is connected through tabs instead of wires that makes it super easy and fast to replace the battery.
- Locking and clamping feed-neck for hopper and can be adjusted by Allen screw depending on the tightness of the hopper.
- The gun can shoot 20 BPS (balls per second). But average speed is much better to avoid any unnecessary risks.
- Consistent air pressure makes the gun more accurate, soundless, and fast recoils.
Overall Performance and Maintenance:
Original mini was an awesome marker in terms of on-field performance despite many flaws in its design. After rectifying those flaws, I am clearly noticing drastic improvement in the overall performance.
It operates at low pressure, shooting is super smooth and decently soft. I love the ergonomics. It may be a bit cramped for big hands but not all hands are that huge.
I have been playing with it for many years, it rarely chops paint, never malfunctioned on the field, and I can say it is more 90% accurate which is awesome for a budget marker.
As far as maintenance, it is super hard to access eye covers. A very complex machine. A newbie will struggle to access and clean eye covers. I would love it if they could make that eye covers external.
Empire Mini GS is one of the best paintball guns for speedball because of its durability, lightweight, and accuracy during the shoot. The comfort, look, and feel of the gun is also great.
It’s a value-adding gun in any situation. I highly recommend this gun.
6. Dye DSR Paintball Gun Review
DYE DSR Paintball Gun is designed for top-level performance at a reasonable budget. The DSR is powered by Dye’s MOS (Method Operating System). The Edge 1 Roller Bearing trigger makes it easy to shoot more balls per minute and ultimate trigger control.
It comes with a Dye Core 14” 2 piece barrel with a vent hole at its steady tip. It is the precisely designed barrel used by Dye.
Self-aligning 2 piece construction and precise combination of components provide noiseless and accurate shots.
Gun is light-weighted and easy to carry anywhere. Shot quality is amazing because of its minimal movement and its quietness during the fire. The trigger guard is a little bit sharper than its previous version but is wide enough to place your finger comfortably and can play the game smoothly.
Why choose Dye DSR Paintball Gun?
- Locking lever feed-neck that allows you to fix any hopper in it. You can also tight and lose the hopper by the lever of the feed-neck.
- Hose-less gas routing makes it easy to use.
- Low operating pressure is good for high accuracy and quiet shots.
- Smooth, accurate, and light-weighted machine.
- Free wire connectors make service easy.
- MOS and OLED Screen provide lightning-fast response time and precision tuning.
- One year warranty so there is no need to worry about if something is broken.
- Edge-1 trigger with adjustable travel and resistance.
Hyper 6 Regulator with UL True-Cam Airport:
Hyper 6 Regulator provides a very efficient flow of air at a consistent movement of the piston.
Hyper 6 is the most reliable and consistent regulator ever used in Dye Paintball Guns. Updated with single-coil spring on its upper side and threaded end that allows the tank to fit in it.
Overall Performance and maintenance:
Gun comes with Quick Release Bolt Assembly and a simple push-button allows the user to remove and install the bolt kit in seconds.
Body cleaning of the gun is super easy and the battery is also accessible in the fore-grip but most of the sensitive parts are not easily accessed by a beginner and it takes a lot of time for the maintenance of the gun for a beginner.
The performance of Dye DSR is satisfactory because of its accuracy, sleek design, and constant supply of air. It also comes with anti-slip grips for easy and better hold.
Hose-less air transfer system through grip is also an amazing feature and commonly used in top-rated paintball guns.
Dye DSR is one of the best markers from Dye. In my observation, among my list of best paintball guns for speedball, the Dye DSR is a very light-weighted and most efficient one. It has low profile DSR body with no exposed screws. It also has a hoseless air transfer system through the grip that is pretty amazing.
I highly recommend this gun because of its multiple upgrades and features that make difference and provide extra comfort to the user.
7. Spyder Victor Semi-Auto Paintball Gun
Spyder Victor is a semi-auto gun with multiple features that makes it a good gun for the players of beginner level-intermediate level.
This gun is affordable and compact and is very easy to use and maintain even for new paintball users.
The clamping feed-neck with a screw makes it easier to fix any hopper in it. The air suspension system is also good.
Why Choose Spyder Victor Semi-Auto Paintball Gun?
- Lightweight, easy to hold, and carry anywhere without any shoulder pain.
- The best option for learners of paintball to start at an affordable budget
- It gives 1500 shots with Spyder Victor 20-ounce CO2 Tank while other guns give only 800 shots.
- It can shoot 6 to 8 balls per second.
- Easy to use and maintain the gun even for beginners
- Fine rubber grips for a comfortable fit of palm.
- Clamping the feed-neck with an adjustable screw makes it easier to adjust the hopper.
- Fully mechanical gun and there is no need for any battery to operate it
Overall performance and Maintenance:
For any paintball, maintenance and handling are important and difficult things for most users.
In Vector it is easy to maintain the gun and you can disassemble any of its parts without and tool and can also assemble them in the same way.
On the field, it works just fine. I wouldn’t say it is the best speedball paintball gun, but for beginners, it is a great marker to improve skills.
Its shooting accuracy is more than 80%, durability is excellent, recoil is little, and ergonomics are also fine.
Upgrades and accessories:
It’s basically a semi-auto paintball gun. It also has a safety button that is used to lock or unlock the gun. Spyder vector also has an EKO valve system to maintain and regulate air efficiency while using the CO2 tank.
Spyder Victor Semi-Auto is the best speedball paintball gun for beginners because it is reliable, easy to use, and maintain.
The price of the spyder vector is very affordable as compared to other entry-level paintball guns for speedball.
Provides value for money. I highly recommend this for beginner to intermediate level players. 8/10 from me.
Comparison Chart of Best Electronic Paintball Gun 2022
Tippmann Cronus Tactical
Beginners to Mid-range
Planet Eclipse M170R
Beginners to Pro
Dye Rize CZR Electronic Paintball Marker
Beginners to Pro
Dye M3+ Paintball Marker
Beginners to Pro
Empire Mini GS Paintball Gun
Beginners to Pro
Dye DSR Paintball Marker
Beginners to Pro
Spyder Victor Paintball Marker