Newbies are struggling to get the proper answer to “Is paintball dangerous?” because there is no proper information available on the internet, so we have decided to resolve your queries.
indeed a newbie is fearful to play paintball because surrounding peoples are mostly discussing that paintball is a very injurious game you can die bla bla…….
without proper safety, you may be injured badly or you may die because every sport needs proper safety, even you can’t play cricket without guard pads and helmet etc.
But the good news is
National Injury Information Clearinghouse successfully declared paintball sport is a safe sport by taking all safety measures, even they state that paintball is safe as compared to basketball, running, bowling, cricket and etc.
let’s discuss in detail.
- Is paintballing is safe?
- paintballing regulations
- Some field Regulations
- how to prevent paintball injuries
- Final Thoughts
Is paintballing is safe?
well, according to our research paintball is a very safe game as compared to other but you have to follow all safety measures and rules.
researchers have found very few peoples injured due to the paintballs however they found most of the injuries due to running on an irregular surface, striking with bunkers and trees.
some player loss there sense in excitement and got injured badly so be careful paintball can be a deadly game if you will not follow safety measures.
we have seen some careless players they take off their mask and safety equipment during the field and they got serious injuries in the result.
the paintball mask is the most important safety equipment without having mask someone gets eye shoot and believe me this is very serious and painful.
The mask is the only equipment to make you safe from the eye and head shoots that’s why we are stressing to wear a mask.
Some researched data about paintball injuries
we have concluded some researched data about paintball injuries hope you will get some ideas about “is paintball dangerous?”
According to HUCP-US (Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project-United states), they found total 20,300 visits of ED (emergency department) because of airsoft and paintball, later further research proved that 97% injuries caused by airsoft and remaining 3% are caused by a paintball.
Injury prevention report
according to Injury prevention from 1997 to 2001 total injuries found due to paintball in united states are 11988 out of them 95.5% players were recovered and released.
What we get from researched Data
To be honest I still on my words paintball is the safest game if you are following safety rules.
researched data also proves that paintball is a safe game but I have some doubts about data.
- the data does not show us the type of injuries may be some percentage of peoples got minor injuries which are the part of the sport.
- moreover, the date does not show that’s why the particular player injured maybe that player played without a mask or without any safety equipment.
- some peoples may be injured in the home due to disassembling the CO2 tank.
Some common and minor injuries
we have observed that the following injuries are most common and minor injuries.
- paintball welts and bruises
- twisted ankles
above mentioned injuries are very common in every sport and I believe every player faces these injuries once in life or many times.
Some serious injuries (How dangerous paintball is?)
these are some serious injuries and may create complications.
eye injuries are nightmares for paintball player they may face permanent visual impairment or even vision loss so please wear an ASTM approved paintball mask for protection
let’s check out our list of Top ASTM approved masks.
according to (Nherald.co.nz) a boy comes with internal liver injuries he stated that he was hit several times at same spot (right side).
the physicians diagnose properly and found extreme bleeding from the liver.Ear injuries
ear injuries or most common injuries in paintball if you are hit on the ear or at the side of the ear you may face tinnitus, permanent or partial hearing loss, or even concussion.
in 2001, unfortunately, a 39-year-old Kenneth Costin loss his life after being shot at the head, later he died due to stroke.
still, it is not confirmed either he died due to paintball injury or any other medical problem but it was an indication that every player should wear safety gears before entering to the ground.
some physicians also report that they found some patients with breathing complications after being shot at the throat.
Our point of views on these injuries
- Common and minor injuries are the part of every game most of the players get these injuries and come back to their normal life and play again.
- we should not care about minor injuries but we should care about major injuries because you may lose your lives by doing the same careless things.
- according to our depth analysis, wast majority of players got serious injuries because of some careless steps like they take off their mask and other safety equipment.
- keep in mind safety comes first this is not a fault of paintball game it’s your fault it’s a bitter truth.
regulations are build to ensure your safety is the most important you cant compromise it at any cost.
everyone should follow the following regulations to play a safe game.
we are going to discuss, how you can use paintball equipment safely?.
- Mask is the most important safety equipment of paintball you may lose your presence in the field without mask once a refire caught you and it’s fine it is your safety.
- your life may be at risk if you will take off your mask during the game, please be careful.
- make sure to select an appropriate mask if you are a beginner we suggest you select 360 coverage mask.
- fog is also a nightmare for players they may strike with some objects because of visibility it is important to select an anti-fog mask.
Gun or Marker
Indeed without Gun, we are useless in paintball without gun we are just running with mask which is very funny.
we need guns but keep in mind you have to follow safety rules.
- Make sure to stay away your markers from safety areas if some not wear a mask and safety equipment don’t shoot him.
- shoot velocity is acceptable from 280-300 FPS in outdoor conditions while in indoor conditions your allow to shoot at 250FPS.
- don’t shoot your opponent when He/she surrender.
Disassembling of CO2 Tanks
don’t ever disassemble your CO2 tank yourself if you are not experienced, NO mater you are using old or new tanks.
seek help from an experienced player who can disassemble your tank safely.
believe me, few adults lost their lives because of disassembling this tank please don’t take a risk.
- make sure to wear a full sleeves shirt and a sweatpant if weather is too hot then you can wear a thin shirt and pant.
- padded armour is very important because it protects you from internal injuries make sure to wear this during the field.
- wear specially designed shoes for paintballs you will be free from ankles injuries, you can wear normal hiking shoes but they are not feasible like specially designed shoes.
Some field Regulations
Every paintball shield has different rules you have to follow them we have discussed some major rules below
- a player must be shouting “I am out” or “I am hit” once he hit many times, it is the best way to avoid bombardments of pallets.
- however, if someone has doubt about wether he/she is eliminated or not possible due to minor hit then he/she should shout “paint check!” a referee will make the decision wether out or in.
- if you are very close to opponent about 12 to 15 feet and his gun right towards you he/she shout “freeze” then you have to surrender.
- if you think you can escape from that close distance “you can escape”
- similarly, if your target is very close and he/she surrender then don’t shot it
- if your target doesn’t want to surrender from a very close distance try to shoot at a safe spot like legs arms etc.
- professional paintball fields only allow 16+ years old player however there are various fields design for children.
- they use low impact guns to prevent injuries.
Some general regulations
- before starting all players get instruction from the safety manager of the field you have to follow those instructions strictly.
- you will get instructions to wear a goggle properly and shoot a gun safely.
- instructions varies from field to field but some of them are general like you are not allowed to climb trees and building or bring your gun at safety place.
how to prevent paintball injuries
almost all deadly injuries can be prevented by following safety regulation strictly.
we have prepared a checklist by following this you can avoid the majority of accidents.
Checklist to avoid paintball accidents
we have carefully made this checklist to avoid any injuries including minor and major injuries hopefully you will be safe by following this checklist.
- don’t go for professional paintball if you are under 16, you can go for low impact paintball but this is not for you.
- Follow the instruction strictly of the safety instructor.
- Check your all equipment before entering into the field
- Wear an ASTM approved mask with ANSI safety-approved goggles. (Check Out our List)
- Make sure to select an antifog mask with a minimum of 280 degrees visibility.
- Never ever take off your mask at any cost
- If you are a beginner go for 360-degree coverage mask your every sensitive part will be protected.
- Use glasses friendly mask if you have week eyesight.
- Use a gun or marker with safe shooting range like 280 fps or 300fps
- Wear a padded protective armour, safety gloves and specially designed shoes.
- Follow the elimination and surrendering the rule
- Never ever try to disassemble the CO2 tank at your home if you are not experienced.
- Consult with your physician if you are facing any hinder during the field.
well, I face many minor injuries during the field because of my careless decisions that’s why we make a perfect checklist for you.
believe me, paintball isn’t a dangerous game you can play very safe with proper safety.
if you will be careless and don’t follow any safety rules then you may get a deadly injury not only in paintball but also in every sport.
researched data also indicate us that paintball is a relatively safe game according to tp the date so keep enjoy paintball game with your beloved ones.
guys we have tried our best to resolve your all queries about I hope your all queries about “Is paintball dangerous?”
keep share with your beloved ones so that they can stay safe.