It would be best if you had a lot of gear for playing paintball, but as a beginner, you don’t need to spend much money on the latest and greatest equipment. You can get started with basic gear that will allow you to play the game and have a lot of fun. Here is a list of the essential gear that you’ll need for paintball:
- Paintball marker: also known as a paintball gun, this is the main piece of equipment you will use to shoot your opponents with paintballs. There are many different types and brands of paintball markers, so research to find one that fits your budget and playing style.
- Paintballs: these are the projectiles that you will shoot from your marker. Paintballs are sold in bags or packs of 500, 1000, or 2000.
- CO2 or compressed air tank: this is what powers your marker and propels the paintballs. CO2 tanks come in different sizes, so you must find one compatible with your paintball marker.
- Protective goggles: these are essential for protecting your eyes from getting hit by a paintball. Goggles must fit snugly and seal entirely around your eyes.
What Equipment Do You Need for Paintball?
The essential equipment you need for paintball is::
- a paintball gun or marker
- a paintball mask
- a hopper or magazine
- CO2 or compressed air
- an air tank
- plenty of paintballs
Additional protective or extra gear can be:
- neck guard
- chest protector
- groin guard
- camouflage clothing
- elbow pads
- knee pads
You can rent the basic equipment at most paintball fields. Once you have everything you need, you’re ready to enjoy the sport!
What should you wear for paintballing?
Paintball hurts, and there are a few essential paintball clothing items that will help make your experience more enjoyable:
- First, a good pair of gloves will protect your hands from the paintballs’ sting and keep them from getting too dirty.
- Hiking boots or other closed-toe shoes are also a must, as you’ll likely be doing a lot of running and crawling around.
- Cargo pants or shorts are also good options, as you’ll want to have as little skin exposed as possible to avoid getting hit (and it stings!).
- A long-sleeved shirt is also a good idea for the same reason.
- Finally, don’t forget your mask and head protection – this is arguably the most critical piece of equipment, as it will protect your eyes and face from the paintballs.
Do you need gloves for paintball?
Many paintball players want to wear gloves because they offer protection from getting paint on their hands and clothes. Gloves also help grip the paintball gun and keep your hands warm.
Can a paintball break a finger?
A paintball can break a finger if the impact is direct and hard enough. A paintball can also bruise a finger if the impact is not as direct but still causes enough force on the finger.
Do paintball places give you gear?
Most paintball places will have rental gear available for you, including a paintball gun and some essential protective equipment. You may have to pay a small rental fee, but avoiding buying your gear is usually worth the price.
Do you need a chest protector for paintball?
A chest protector, also called a paintball pad, is worn to protect the player’s chest and back from being hit by paintballs. While chest protectors are not required, they are recommended for beginners and casual players, and more experienced players may wear lighter and less bulky clothing for greater mobility.
If you want to get started quickly with paintball, you can buy a second-hand paintball gun for $100 and a paintball mask for $30 on marketplaces or private Facebook groups in your area. Last but not least, get 500 paintballs, and you’re good to go. After you are enjoying the game, you may want to upgrade to other protective gear, or you can rent equipment at paintball venues.